Winter Championship starts on Sat 9th February
Winter Championship 2019
The 2019 Winter Championship will commence on Saturday 9th February and will run over 5 weekends up to and including Sunday 10th March. The format will be individual stableford played over 12 holes. Over the 5 weeks of competition a players best 4 (FOUR) cards will count towards their total score.
There will be four divisions divided by handicaps (as close to Class 1, Class 2, class 3 and Class 4 as possible).
The four divisional winners will play off for the overall club Winter Championship prize on Saturday 23rd March. Presentation of Winter Championship prizes will take place on Sunday 24th March.
Competitors will sign in to computer each week, scores will be posted on howdidido, collated by committee and posted weekly on club website.
Entry fee €10: Note all monies received will be used in prizes
Entries are currently being taken in the Pro Shop, Please provide your Name, Current Handicap and Fee
There will be guaranteed prizes for the top 4 finishers in each division. There may be additional prizes but this is dependent on the number of entries. Once the final number of entrants is known members will be informed of the overall prize structure.
Points to Note:
- · A players first card of the weekend to count
- · Handicaps will remain unchanged throughout the championship
- If the course is closed on either day the Winter Championship is null and void for that week
- · Suspensions of play: If play is suspended and not resumed on any day then the course is deemed closed and above refers
- · In event of a tie:
- o Omit worst Card (i.e Best 3 cards) and continue if still a tie, etc
- All decisions and disputes will be decided by organizing committee