Beech Park Golf Club
Course Report November 2018
Over the last few weeks
- Disease pressure under control at present with some recovery evident on 13, 15, 18 in particular.
- Scars will be present until spring to one degree or another.
- Leaf litter well under control
- Leaf vacuum is out on course clearing ditches now that most debris has fallen.
- Full clean-up will be on going for another 3-4 weeks, weather dependant.
- Mowing schedule is now down to a minimum to allow a body of grass develop for winter traffic.
- Winter mats now in place, all mats checked to ensure slits for tees are present, mats washed and moved twice a week.
- Large amount of winter roping complete, the remainder will be added as needed.
Over the coming weeks
- Setup of course as and when necessary.
- Continue top dressing of greens as weather conditions allow.
- Liquid feeding and chemical applications to the greens as per schedule and weather windows.
- If weather stays fine, we will begin sodding repairs around bunkers before Christmas
- This will include slightly altering the lips of a few bunkers to improve the appearance and performance.
- Bunkers will be topped up with sand in the spring
- Begin tree pruning once leaf litter is complete
- The pruning back of the laurel on 10,11 and 13 will take place in the new year.
- We would hope to have member help with the clear-up on some of these areas
- Begin fabrication of the extension to the trolley shed with on installation in the early part of the new year.
- Continue pencil tine aeration of greens every 3-4 weeks throughout the winter period.
- Schedule in another deep aeration process such as Air 2-G-2 for the early part of the New Year (subject to weather conditions)