The Golf Committee has made an amendment to the diary for Monday August 6th next.
The advertised Open Singles Stableford (Ladies & Gents) event will now run from 08:30 until 16:00. The timesheet will go live for this event on 23rd July.
Week 6 of the program with over 50 women still participating in our Women in Golf Program.
Tonight saw our last night coaching with Club Professional, Zak Rouiller. The ladies are having great fun with new friendships being forged and lots of plans being made for summer golf!
Due to lack of support the proposed Open Mixed 2*2 Team scheduled for Monday 4th June has been cancelled.
The Golf Committee have made a decision to extend the Open Singles for Ladies & Gents out to 4pm on Monday as a result.
Congratulations to all the ladies who picked up prizes at the ladies prize-giving on the 29th May. Big winners were Pauline Kearney- winning the lady vice captain’s prize with a whopping score of 44pts and Elaine Rockett who took home the Hon Sec/Hon Treasurer prize with a fantastic 41points
|Pauline Kearney with Lady Vice Captain Catriona Carney and Lady Captain Maura Harte
|| Elaine Rockett with Hon. Secretary
The ladies section will be running a new monthly 9 Hole re-entry competition starting on June 1st. This will be a non qualifying competition. The following rules are also displayed on the notice board in the ladies locker room
MONTHLY 9-HOLE RE-ENTRY COMPETITION NON-QUALIFYING
- Competition runs from first the day of each month to the last day of that month
- May not be played on Tuesday
- May be played on all other days outside of competition times ( at weekends after the “4 hours of sunset” as shown on the on-line timesheet )
- Sign in to 9 hole re-entry competition book before commencement of play
- Multiple entries allowed
- 2 x 9 hole entries to count – this can be made up of any combination of two 9 hole entries returned
- €3 competition fee per 9 holes in envelope with your name and date on the front – drop envelope into ladies cards slot under computer
- Two 9 hole entries can be played on one day (front 9 and back 9) – please state on envelope that you are paying for and playing both 9’s
- Check your handicap on the notice board – it is the responsibility of each player to know her handicap
- Date, Name, Handicap, Competition Score, Marker’s & Player’s signatures must be on the card
- Place cards in “9 Hole Re-entry” competition box immediately after finish of play